Jennys Hobby Farm Home Page
VIEW MORE PHOTOS
VIEW MORE DETAILS
HOUSE FOR SALE
10455 Youbou Road (Access off Arbutus Road)
Cowichan Valley, near Lake Cowichan and Duncan, B.C.
Please contact Keith Nelson or Tracy Forrest
COUNTRYWIDE VILLAGE REALTY, LAKE COWICHAN, BC
Last Updated 3rd January 2017
Please scroll down
- Main Level: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, livingroom, kitchen with dining area, laundry / mud room, covered porch
- Upstairs: 1 room and play / computer area.
- Basement: Rec room and pannelled storage room. There is also an unfinished area in the basement.
- Parking: Single carport which is currently being used as a woodshed for the front approx 12ft and a garden shed for the rear approx 12ft. The partition is easily removed if you want to use the whole thing as a carport. There is ample parking for at least 4 cars if you wanted to remove the greenhouse, and the driveway is nearly level.
- New septic tank and field 2014
- House had major renovations in 2005/2006 - Sundeck still has to be replaced
- New Fridge 2016
- New Roof 2005
- New Kitchen 2005
- New Bathroom 2005
- New Plumbing 2005
- New wiring in the kitchen and some elsewhere, new baseboard heating 2005
- Woodstove was installed in the living room in 2006, and is cleaned on an annual basis.
- New woodshed, which holds 2 cords, has just been built in 2012
- Walking distance to corner store, boat launch, and gas station.
- Nice waterfront Arbutus Park with boomed off swimming area and playground is 1.6 km away.
- Close in, breathtaking lake view, see the ducks!
- Only one house lower down between this one and the lake
- Located between the Village of Lake Cowichan and the West Coast, on the North Shore of Cowichan Lake, facing South, on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
- 30 minutes to downtown Duncan, 1 1/2 hours to Victoria, 2 hours to
Bamfield on the West Coast.
Webpage Copyright © 2016 Jenny Robson
|Youbou is a small hamlet of about 600 houses strung out
along the North shore of Cowichan Lake. Youbou itself faces South. There
is a public boat launch about 2 blocks from my house. There is a second narrow water access, where you could launch a canoe or kayak, behind the Shop and Save corner store a few houses away. There is a gas station about a block away from my home. Shop and Save corner store carries video rentals, groceries and some hardware, and they allow access to a fax machine and photocopier.
In the village of Lake Cowichan, about 12 minutes away, there are several restaurants, Country Grocer, Tim Hortons, Post Office, Home Hardware, Library, Royal Bank and 2 pharmacies, as well as other small stores. There is also a doctor's office, chiropractor, physiotherapist and blood-letting laboratory.
|Youbou is 10 minutes from the Village of Lake Cowichan, 30
minutes from downtown Duncan, 1 1/2 hours from Victoria, and 2 hours from
Bamfield on the West Coast by gravel logging road . The bush, where there
are endless hiking trails, starts about 2 km West of the house, and
continues right out to the West Coast of the Island. (The bush is also
just above the house above mine, but it is really too steep to call hiking